A Personal Ceremony
The ceremony is about you, so it’s really important for me to listen to your ideas and be sensitive to the tone and style you would like to prevail on your wedding day. I also give you choices and ideas so that together we can create a ceremony you will remember with warmth and happiness. As your celebrant I will be dignified yet relaxed, so you can be confident that everything will run smoothly and calmly.
I will make sure all the legal requirements of marriage are met and discuss these with you at our first meeting.
The wedding celebrant should not be the centre of attention, but a facilitator – you or your friends and family can present readings, rituals, music – or I can just guide you through, giving your ceremony legality and making the proclamation of your marriage official.
- An obligation-free meeting to discuss your wedding plans
- 2-3 meetings to discuss your ceremony and do paperwork
- Phone, email contact at any time
- Advice about the legal requirements of marriage
- Letters to government departments
- Choice/writing and preparation of individual ceremony
- Suggestions for poetry, music and ceremony design
- Use of PA system if required
- Solemnisation of marriage
- Lodgement of Notice of Intended Marriage and Marriage Certificate with Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Reaffirmations / Renewal of Vows ceremonies
- Commitment ceremonies
- Ceremonies in languages other than English ( French, German, Indonesian)
- Be over the age of 18, not related to each other and not married to someone else
- A completed Notice of Intended Marriage (provided by me) lodged (with me) one month before the wedding date and no more than 18 months before
- Your passport or birth certificate
- Your photo ID
- If you are under 18, the permission of a parent or guardian, as well as court approval (in some cases court approval is sufficient)
- If you have been married previously, your final divorce order or a death certificate
THE DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL.
IF I DO NOT SIGHT THESE THE MARRIAGE CANNOT GO AHEAD BY LAW.
Let’s have a chat !!
Celebrant in the Blue Mountains & Sydney
I know that finding the “right” marriage celebrant is an important part of planning your wedding day.
With over 20 years’ experience in helping couples create unique ceremonies, true reflections of their relationship, I would love to guide you in making the celebration of your commitment and the expression of your vows everything you have dreamed of.